Pages

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Saturday our 17th and final full day!

Today was our final full day.  We woke up and met Evan and Greg.  We decided we'd take our boat out to the dive site and bring them back.  Trip is pretty quick on a Cat going through the cut at Mosquito.  We zipped out to Virgin Gorda Point pretty quick and got ready for our dive.

The site is Cow's mouth and Stephanie and I have done this before, but Evan and Greg hadn't.  Although when we did it, we did not do it the same way the guide book we have says.  So this time we tried following the book which takes us out around the point and back through a 7' wide channel between the rocks.  It was a very cool dive and we all enjoyed it.  We then wrapped up and we took them back to the dock to drop them off.  Then we headed out as we were planning on Cooper for our last night.

We had a nice sail with the wind mostly behind us.  Wind was decent so we moved along pretty good - 7-8 knots if I recall correctly.  We arrived at Cooper with plenty of balls available, grabbed one we liked and settled in.

I got out my camera as we've often seen turtles and even eagly rays swimming in the area.  We did see some turtles as well as some other entertainment as well.


Never seen floats like this off a boat before.  I think this must have been a Crewed Charter, I can't see someone bringing these with them! 


I guess this guy was holding on to the ball?


I know it is difficult to tell depth with Pictures, but this seems way too close!


Here's another look!


And our friend, who we nicknamed Humpy the turtle


And its due to this hump, not how he may act around other turtles


We've seen all sorts of odd things before, but never anything like this.  I assume maybe he was there to help retrieve the ball, but I would think motoring in the dinghy would make more sense.


I think he must be thinking "I can't believe I'm in here doing this!"


Can you tell I'm trying to make up for the lack of pictures on past days?  Here's some shots I took that I thought we're pretty good.  Lots of Pelican's around - guess it was feeding time for them.






And like every day in the BVI, they all come to an end eventually.  For us, this was our last night.  We went in for drinks and had dinner on the boat.  Trying to get rid of the remainder of our food.  We also started to get our stuff packed up so we'd have less to do in the morning.  Eventually we called it a night!

No comments:

Post a Comment