Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

Our 5th and 6th Days Mon-Tue

There's a price to pay for taking 18 days away from the office.  For us, that was a couple of days of work on the boat.  We woke up Monday to a Beautiful day.  Since we were staying two more nights and we were on the T-Dock, we had to move.  Moving this time was much easier - I guess I'm getting the hang of this beast!

Once we moved, the rest of the group got their stuff together and went to get the Rental car Nick arranged for us.  Ended up being a Safari pickup which was perfect for the 7 of them.  So off they went and Stephanie and I stayed to get our work done for the day, planning on the group picking us up end of day to go to Hog Heaven.

All set and ready to work!
In addition to working, I kept an eye on the weather as Chantal was heading our way.  Had a successful day of work, but at the end of the day, we had no water.  I checked what I could and realized the pump was not pumping.  Since I had my own phone, I didn't have the moorings numbers on it.  So I emailed my Rep (John) figuring he'd email me back in the morning.  By now the rest of our group was back and since Hog Heaven was closed, we cleaned up and headed to the Bar for drinks and some snacks.  We had quite a bit to drink before retiring back to the boat for dinner.  We improvised to do the dished and ran a hose from the dock into the sink :)

Tuesday morning, we woke up and it was now clear we'd be feeling any effects from Chantal.  So when we had time, we set out some extra lines and doubled things up on the lines already out just to be sure.  And I also didn't get an email from John, but a phone call!  He gave me the number I needed and we got a hold of service and they sent someone from Saba Rock.  At this point, our A/C had also quit, tripped a few breakers in the process, so I now know where all the various breakers are.  Long story short, water pump was replaced and we had water again, but the A/C was a blown pump which could be replaced.  We could have swapped to a different boat, but with only two nights left and us not going anywhere today, it made no sense, we could tough it out.

Stephanie and I worked again today and the rest of the group took the dinghy to Mosquito Island and enjoyed the beach there.  Wind and waves picked up over the day.  Our group returned later in the day and when evening arrived, we headed in for dinner - it was Tuesday pizza night!  We had a few pizzas and who knows how many Bushwhackers and other drinks - no one was counting, or probably couldn't count.  After a few hours, most of us headed back to the boat, but some stayed and danced for a bit before finally heading back.

We weren't sure what the night would bring for wind, but it was fairly calm - maybe up to 30 knots.  Another day in the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment