Pages

Friday, July 12, 2013

Friday - First full day with our 2nd group, Day 9 for us!

I woke up this morning anxious to find out when my parents would make their flight.  I checked on my phone and saw Seaborne did have seats showing on their ~9am flight so I called my Dad and said he should look at that.  He did and managed to get on it.

We headed in for their arrival sometime after 10am and also took Dan with us as this was his last day.  He would be flying back to San Juan on the plane my parents arrived on.  Timing worked out great and Dan got settled and headed through security and we waited and then headed over to greet my parents who surprisingly enough we're some of the first few people through customs.  We helped them with their bags and stopped at Trellis Kitchen on our way back to the boat for Breakfast.  The rest of us had eaten already, so while my parents ordered and waited for their food, Stephanie and I brought their bags back to the boat.

Getting ready
They enjoyed breakfast and we headed back to the boat to get on our way.  We had a reservation at Leverick for tonight (Thanks Nick!) and I was hoping we could stop at the dogs on the way.  Once we got my parents settled, we raised up the dinghy (I always put it on the davits when underway) and headed out to the dogs.  Being a short trip and not having a ton of time, we motored.  Once there, we didn't take long to get in the water.  I can't remember the last time I saw in the ocean with my Dad.

Snorkeling at the Chimney
Backing into the slip
Mostly my Dad and friend Stuart just got acclimated to the water and masks and snorkel.  Stephanie and I did a little more snorkeling.  After our snorkeling and some lunch (there were a number of balls free the whole time we were there, so we stayed a bit longer than the 90 minutes) we decided it was time to move on to Leverick bay for the night.  Again we motored since it was mostly upwind and we didn't have a whole lot of time.  We got to Leverick just before the guys called it a night.  Got the lines and fenders ready and backed into the slip.  Being Friday night, we probably should have done the Jumbies, but we instead decided to take the water taxi to Saba rock for drinks - or so we though.  We ended up having some drinks and then sticking around for dinner.    Drinks and dinner were good and after we headed back to Leverick for the night.  Having been a long day for my parents, we all just relaxed on the boat for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment